European Voluntary Service in our organisation
EVS (European Voluntary Service) is an international volunteer programme funded by the European Commission. It enables all young people legally resident in Europe, aged between 18 and 30 years, to do an international volunteer service in an organisation or in a public body mainly in Europe for a period ranging from 2 to 12 months. Thanks to the intercultural dimension and its non-formal approach, European Voluntary Service is a unique opportunity to come into contact with cultures different from your own and to acquire new skills and abilities useful for your personal and professional growth.
European Voluntary Service is based on the following principles:
- developing young people’s interpersonal and professional skills through the practical experience of volunteering abroad;
- encouraging to learn a new language and culture;
- fostering cultural exchange;
- spreading tolerance among young people of the European Union;
- promoting active citizenship and civic participation;
- supporting the development of local communities.
What is covered during the EVS:
- Accommodation in a shared flat
- Travel expenses (from the home city of volunteer to Dresden and back) according to the Erasmus+ travel distance calculator
- Pocket money
- Money for subsistence (food)
- Language and integration courses
- Transportation costs
- EVS Seminars – on arrival and mid-term
- Coaching & Support
- Health insurance
In 2011, „Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V.“ became an accredited receiving, coordinating and sending organisation for EVS (European Voluntary Service) and in June 2012, the association accepted for the first time two volunteers for a duration of one year. The association resides in Dresden, a city of culture and fine arts, and capital of the Free State of Saxony.
Dresden is located in north west of the Saxon Switzerland mountains (“Sächsische Schweiz” in German, or “Elbsandsteingebirge”) in Eastern Germany. The office of Jugend- & Kulturproject e.V. is based in Neustadt – the new city of Dresden – which is the most lively and alternative area of Dresden. It is a student and youth area as it is characterized by a great diversity in cultural and art events.
The volunteer is going to support our association's cultural activities and our office. He/she is given the opportunity to initiate activities according to his/her own cultural background, to co-organize events and to put his/her own ideas into practice.
Young people, aged between 18 and 30 years old from EU member states can apply to do EVS in Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. for the following fields in which they have relevant experience and knowledge:
- Graphic and web design
- Photography & photo editing
- Video shooting and editing
- Project Management: designing, organizing and facilitating projects
- Social media & SEO – being able to write texts in English and/or German (fluent in English & German)
Please send your CV in English (with photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The CV should be accompanied with a motivation letter which will answer the following questions:
Why I would like to join EVS (European Voluntary Service) and particularly in Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V.
- How my skills/competences are a valuable attribute in this EVS position
- Important aspects of my personality (positive and negative)
- What ideas I have that I would like to share and realize in Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V.
For more information please send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org